Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Associate Civil Engineer for our Brand New Bend, Oregon office. Be involved in projects with our Pacific Northwest Transportation Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
Provides technical assistance in the delivery of Federal, State, regional, locally and privately funded transportation improvement and development projects. Assists with the research, concept development, planning, permitting and design of roads, rails, trails, bridges, utilities, environmental enhancements and other transportation-related facilities. Generates accurate, concise and quality reports, design and documentation. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered on schedule, and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
- Support our clients and the industry through innovative thought and advancement of transformative transportation projects.
- Perform professional civil engineering work and assist with conducting and incorporating future-ready solutions with civil engineering design standards.
- Perform independent design tasks and drawings, using CADD software.
- Work as an individual or collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team of engineers, planners, inspectors and scientific professionals to execute project work, assist with cost estimates , quantities of material, special provisions, specifications, permits, technical analysis, memos and project documentation.
- Performs specialized assignments which call for an application of professional expertise, and provide technical assistance on various planning, engineering and design issues.
- Prepare and/or contribute towards the preparation of data such as tables, charts, reports, sketches, calculations, illustrations, technical reports and presentations.
- Coordinate with other design disciplines, and workshare with other offices to provide clients with innovative and future-focused solutions.
- Participate in maintaining schedule, budget, and profitability for projects, and identify changes and risks.
- Assist with development and scoping of small- to medium-sized projects.
- Support business development initiatives and assist with marketing.
- Assists in field work.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Assist in the growth and development of the Civil Engineering team.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience in engineering discipline and prior civil design experience.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, process, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Capable interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, results orientation, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to coordinate with agency regulators and understand requirements.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies.
- Strong technical writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
- Moderate proficiency with office automation, software, technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Experience with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and/or InRoads).
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Valid driver’s license and be able to drive, as occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Engineer-In-Training Certification.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil3D, Inroads and/or OpenRoads.
- Skills in multimodal options (light rail, transit, transit-plus, BRT, etc.)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: BEND - NW BOND ST
- All locations: US-OR-Bend
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. #LI-HYBRID