Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Plumbing Engineering practice and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Plumbing Engineer for our Chicago office.
- Apply engineering design techniques under minimal supervision of an experienced engineer
- Prepare contract drawings using Revit software
- Develop plumbing and fuel oil system concepts
- Design plumbing and fuel oil systems
- Develop and manage high quality technical and professional deliverables on projects and proposals
- Answer project specific RFI and submittals timely
- Review architectural drawings for compliance with building and safety code requirements
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Interpret building code requirements
- Perform tasks related to construction administration
- Prepare proposal documents, specifications, and reports
- Attend and participate in team and/or project meetings
- Coordinate and communicate with multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors, and building owners
- Propose creative solutions to complex problems as part of a team
- Interface with clients as needed
- Provide guidance and training to entry-level engineers
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP"s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Other duties as required by business needs
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plumbing or Mechanical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant post education experience in engineering and prior plumbing and mechanical design experience.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Proficient knowledge of plumbing and mechanical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to project work-related issues.
- Experience with building and infrastructure planning, design, and construction management; including active involvement in a variety of rehabilitation and new design projects.
- Working knowledge of relevant plumbing and mechanical system and construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Ability to plan and conduct inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities, structures and systems, applying applicable regulations and policies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD, Revit), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, load calculations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Ability to assertively direct others in the field such as subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering.
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification.
- Experience managing small to mid-size projects.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: CHICAGO - 30 N LASALLE ST
- All locations: US-IL-Chicago
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.