Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Graduate Mechanical Engineer for our New York, NY office. Be involved in projects with our Buildings Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Takes part in providing local technical assistance for the design, development, building, testing, and inspecting of mechanical systems on infrastructure, building, and construction projects in the public and private sector. Tasks may include basic assistance with the research, design, concept development, installation, operation, maintenance, and optimal integration of automatic temperature control, air distribution, hydronic, and plumbing systems, equipment and processes. Generates accurate and concise documentation regarding assigned aspects of the project. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
- Under general supervision, assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, schematics, data, technical drawings, computer-generated reports, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Assist with performing basic professional mechanical engineering work relating to conducting research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, equipment, resources, building, infrastructure, usage, and mechanical systems to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Perform routine engineering functions and provide entry-level technical assistance on various design requirements, load calculations, and operating strategies to account for the proper installation and functioning of equipment and systems according to specifications.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing basic technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation and specifications using electronic systems, drawings, and field/work site notebook/logs.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but are not limited to, location data, statistical documentation, engineering studies and surveys, and construction.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 0 to 1 years of relevant post education experience.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, spreadsheets, technology, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
- Familiarity with discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD, CAM).
- Prior internship related to the degree of study and the specific engineering discipline.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: New Graduate
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: NEW YORK - PENN PLAZA
- All locations: US-NY-New York
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.