Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Electrical Design Engineer for our Arlington, VA office. The following locations will also be considered: Richmond, VA or Columbia, MD. Be involved in projects with our Property and Buildings Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment. Project experience should include service utility coordination, power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, fire alarm, emergency power systems, and coordination with city and state permitting agencies.
- Work with engineering teams on innovative design, specifically in sustainable, high performing buildings including healthcare and higher education facility projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Plan and execute electrical engineering tasks and contribute to a full range of electrical design activities
- Research & recommend fundamental components identified in electrical designs
- Service utility coordination and design of power distribution systems, lighting, fire alarm and emergency power systems, low voltage infrastructure, and UPS design
- Participate in the development of internal reports and collateral or reports for client meetings
- Provide project status updates and reports to clients, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain client relationships and attend client and stakeholder meetings
- Provide guidance to junior staff or interns to assist with project flow
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post-education experience in an electrical engineering capacity for the built environment.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Knowledge of building, electrical, and energy codes.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles and the application to projects.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload of several projects concurrently .
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Engineer-In-Training and/or LEED AP certification.
- Knowledge of AGI or other lighting calculation programs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ARLINGTON - N 17TH
- All locations: US-MD-Columbia, US-VA-Arlington, US-VA-Richmond
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. #LI-HYBRID