Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full time Regional Transportation Management Center (RTMC) Operator I for our Fort Lauderdale, FL office.
Hourly pay rate: $15.00 per hour
***This position is eligible for a $1000.00 sign-on bonus***
- Responsible for actively monitoring, managing, and improving roadway operations along select FDOT-maintained freeways and major arterial roadways throughout the District.
- Responsible for utilizing various Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices (such as CCTV, roadway detection systems, and radio communication systems) to detect incidents, monitor traffic conditions, and collect travel-time data in real‐time in accordance to established policies and procedures
- Responsible for dispatching roadside service patrol to respond to assist stranded motorists and to assist law enforcement in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to prioritize and perform real-time traffic management activities during crisis or other stressful situations
- May provide support to County Signal Engineers as they implement signal timing changes to improve traffic flow and reduce motorist delay
Who You Are
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully complete the Joint Task Force (JTF) Security Clearance Process, which includes fingerprinting
- Ability to work alternate schedules (which may include overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays) and short-notice shift assignments when necessary
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Experience in a transportation dispatch or call center environment
- Familiarity with arterial roadways and freeway systems in South Florida
- Ability to work at alternate locations for the FDOT District 4 TMC when necessary (Palm Beach County Transportation Management Center in West Palm Beach, FL and FDOT District 4 Transportation Management Center in Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: FORT LAUDERDALE - W COMM BLVD
- All locations: US-FL-Fort Lauderdale, US-FL-West Palm Beach
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.