Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Golder is now officially part of WSP, adding approximately 7,000 consultants and service providers across Canada, the United States, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa. Golder’s world class expertise within the Earth and Environmental sector and Mining industry will be added to WSP’s platform, creating new opportunities for employees and clients. Together we become the leading global environmental consulting firm, with approximately 14,000 environmental experts.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-time Hydrogeologist to join our Tucson, AZ office. Be involved in projects with our Mine Water Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. The ideal candidate will have an appreciation for high quality and client focused work product is essential. The ability and willingness to travel locally and internationally is a necessity. As a key member of the team, you will support existing water resource, mining, and environmental projects using a strong foundation in quantitative hydrogeology.
- With minimal supervision, assist with collecting, extracting, identifying, and compiling environmental data from soil sampling, soil gas sampling, groundwater sampling, stormwater sampling, boring logs, and other matrices for projects, investigations, and surveys.
- Review, integrate, collect data, and perform quality control for geologic, hydrogeologic, and other databases.
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements and analysis.
- Write technical reports summarizing research with findings and conclusions, generating complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and software.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but is not limited to, the maintenance of sample collection, laboratory documentation, written procedures, and field/work site logbooks.
- Assist with maintaining and calibrating equipment and tools, troubleshooting or reporting on malfunctions, and performing inventory control activities.
- Attend to well installation monitoring, as well as remediation-system pilot testing, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Assist technical staff and project managers with environmental risk identification and assessment, offering input and analysis with low-level threat mitigation activities and remediation projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Assist with work plan preparation and coordination of field work permitting.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or closely related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of experience working as a Geologist.
- Analytical mindset and experience with geological research techniques required.
- Familiar with relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation and communication software, technology, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Graduate degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or closely related discipline
- Previous work and/or familiarity with the mining environment
- Experience in field hydrogeological testing and instrumentation
- Experience with data management tools (i.e. Excel, EQuIS, Access, Python)
- A member of and/or active participant in local professional organizations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 1-3 years
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: TUCSON - N LA CHOLLA BLVD
- All locations: US-AZ-Tucson
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.