Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Manager for the Washington, DC area. Be involved in projects with our Federal Programs Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Manage project design and/or construction efforts, to include schedule, funding, and day-to-day project oversight
- Manage and evaluate construction contractor performance
- Integrate and coordinate projects with field personnel
- Evaluate, validate, and manage project change requests
- Provide official weekly project status reports
- Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders
- Assist the client's Contracting Officer (CO) and Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) with acquisition planning, execution and administration
- Assist the CO and COTR with conducting pre-bid and pre-construction site visits with the COTR
- Provide invoice supporting information to the COTR for payment
- Prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; provide technical guidance and assistance on contracting and construction-related issues; direct design efforts; recommend construction documents for approval; and provide oversight of any follow-on maintenance programs
- Optimize performance, cost, and schedule by ensuring project objectives are achieved on schedule and at the lowest cost compatible with user requirements
- Conduct design reviews with the customer
- Ensure timely input of all data, comments, and documentation into MAXIMO software project management tool. This requirement applies to all projects, work orders, and tasks across the project lifecycle.
- Ensure integration of all systems, including information technology, telephone, security, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Prepare Contractor Performance Report (CPR) upon contract closeout
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in any field; high school, vocational school, or trade school diploma and five (5) years’ work experience in a similar field may be substituted for degree requirement
- Two (2) years of experience in project management
- One (1) year of experience with MS Project or other PM software
- Due to client requirements, an active US Government issued TS/SCI security clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 3-5 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: WASHINGTON - 23RD STREET NW
- All locations: US-DC-Washington
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.