Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Spring 2022 Transportation Planning Intern for our Boston, MA office. The following locations will also be considered: Worcester, MA and Providence, RI. Be involved in projects with our Transportation Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Project research and data gathering.
- Mapping and graphic production.
- Document production.
- Site reconnaissance and analysis.
- Transit planning and design.
- Pedestrian and bicycle planning and design.
- Land use analysis.
- Technical report production.
- Collection of traffic volume and crash data.
- Traffic operations analysis.
- Preparation of community meeting presentation materials.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Work on projects such as: Blue Hill Avenue Bus Priority Corridor, Columbus Avenue Phase 2 Bus Priority Corridor, Route 1A Corridor Transportation Study and Providence Bus Priority Feasibility Analysis.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship.
Who You Are
- Current standing as a Rising Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or related Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Prior related internship experience, leadership experience, or relevant coursework.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Current standing as a Rising Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Urban Planning, Environmental Science, or related Undergraduate or Graduate program. Masters' student preferred.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), ArcGIS, Esri, SketchUp, and Synchro.
- Local candidates preferred. Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 0 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Intern
- Employee Type: Part
- Primary Location: BOSTON - SUMMER ST
- All locations: US-MA-Boston, US-MA-Worcester, US-RI-Providence
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.