Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Northern California District Strategic Growth Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges across all major infrastructure markets: Transportation, Property and Buildings, Power & Energy, Environment, Water, and Climate, Sustainability and Resiliency.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to make a difference in the communities in which we live, work and play. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Northern California Proposal Manager to support strategic pursuits across our Northern California District. This is a full-time role and can be based in our Sacramento, San Francisco, or Oakland offices.
- Assists in developing and maintaining pursuit capture plans; works closely with Pursuit Champions to drive early pre-positioning and pursuit readiness efforts
- Executes marketing efforts on large, complex pursuits. Participates and supports strategy workshops and technical sessions. Oversees proposal activities, including leading proposal support staff teams, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline, and working in partnership with the pursuit champion to monitor the progress of proposals
- Collaborates with technical staff and writes/reviews/edits original content for clarity, compliance and key messages. Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit
- Works with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies, including partnering with national resources to drive WSP’s sales approach, providing business intelligence on clients, competitors and WSP
- Organizes and facilitates pursuit strategy meetings
- Assists the pursuit team on presentation phase, including slide development and organization of rehearsals and coaching
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, English, Marketing, Planning, or a related field.
- 7+ years’ experience, including a minimum of 5 years managing complex A/E/C proposals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value proposals from onset to conclusion
- Strategic mindset and sound judgment and ability to develop and manage strategic capture plans
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively across diverse teams and environments
- Problem solving abilities, including conflict resolution under time sensitive production expectations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, and other communications-related software programs
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 7-10 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SAN FRANCISCO - MARKET ST
- All locations: US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-San Francisco
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.