Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Summer 2022 Transportation Intern for our Philadelphia, PA office. Be involved in projects with our Civil Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Development of civil design plans.
- Perform basic traffic and civil calculations.
- Traffic data collection and analysis.
- Technical writing and report documentation.
- Preparation of specifications and cost estimates.
- Limited travel to job sites may be required.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Current standing as a Rising Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Courses specific to traffic and civil disciplines.
- Good grades with interest in civil/highway engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, technical writing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with state design codes preferred.
- Energetic candidate comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
Proficiency with MS office required.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Previous internship experience in related field.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 0 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Intern
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: PHILADELPHIA - PENN CENTER
- All locations: US-PA-Philadelphia
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.