Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Associate Electrical Engineer - Buildings/MEP for our Texas District.
Candidate can sit in our Dallas, TX office.
- With minimal supervision, assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data relating to substation components, equipment specifications for procurement package development and pricing, IFR/IRC design and review processes, and IEEE/NESC Standards/NERC regulations for design work.
- Perform basic professional electrical engineering work relating to the design of single line, three line, wiring diagrams, general arrangement, substation layout and bus arrangement, grounding grid design and lightning protection in conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Provides technical assistance on various design requirements, equipment sizing and cabling, AC/DC panel design, and conduit and trenching design strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, systems, and infrastructure.
- Support senior engineers with research and recommendations of fundamental components identified in design requirements, as well as field equipment applications and operations.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing technical assistance on engineering, design, testing, maintenance, and construction procedures and issues.
- Under minimal supervision, develop electrical calculations for loads, equipment sizing, feeder sizing, voltage drop, grounding, lighting circuits and controls, facility and electrical service, and power distribution.
- Write technical reports summarizing research with findings and conclusions, generating complete, accurate, and concise documentation using sketches, calculations, electronic systems, spreadsheets, and software.
- Assist technical staff and project managers with risk identification and assessment, offering input and analysis with design concepts, construction, mitigation and improvement activities, and remediation projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work, including project controls, business deployment, construction, procurement, document control, and permitting teams.
- Assist with work plan preparation and coordination of field/site work and permitting.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and planners on projects with electrical infrastructure authorities on Federal, State, regional, and locally funded improvement and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience in an electrical engineering capacity.
- Exposure to operations and project controls experience for purposes of reporting.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Familiarity with infrastructure planning, design, and construction management; including rehabilitation and new design.
- Highly familiar with relevant engineering and electrical construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Experience with discipline-specific design software (i.e., CADD, Aspen, CAPE, ETAP), AutoCADD electrical.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Prior design experience.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations. #LI-MC1
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: DALLAS - OAK LAWN AVE
- All locations: US-TX-Dallas
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation – no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.