Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Northern California District Strategic Growth Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges across all major infrastructure markets: Transportation, Property and Buildings, Power & Energy, Environment, Water, and Climate, Sustainability and Resiliency.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Marketing Coordinator to support strategic pursuits across our Northern California District. This is a full-time role and can be based in one of our Northern California offices such as Sacramento, San Francisco, or Oakland.
- Leads complex proposals with general guidance, including scheduling and conducting project kick-off meetings and strategy sessions for a winning proposal
- Researches, gathers and edits proposal materials, including writing, verifying, and formatting proposal information. Ensures the various aspects of proposals and other marketing materials are compliant, accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Works with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies, including providing business intelligence on clients, competitors and WSP
- Organizes and facilitates pursuit strategy meetings
- Collaborates with technical staff to write original content and reviews/edits content for clarity, compliance and key messages
- Collaborates with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit
- Organizes and coaches technical staff in presentation phase of a pursuit
- Supports client engagement teams by preparing materials for internal and external meetings, as well as participating in client engagement team meetings
- May coordinate district communications activities, including creating press releases and announcements, writing articles for newsletters, and coordinating project awards and other special communications-related projects
- May supervise work of marketing coordinators (I, II and III) and graphic designers indirectly
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, English, Marketing, Planning, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing in the A/E, professional services, or related industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, and other communications-related software programs
- Possesses a strategic mindset
- Excellent organizational and editorial skills along with liaison capabilities and knowledge of business development procedures is required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, diverse and disparate teams
- Demonstrated experience managing standard and complex proposals from onset to conclusion with general guidance
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Experience in A/E/C industry
- Involvement in industry organizations such as SMPS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 5-7 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SACRAMENTO - RIVER PLAZA
- All locations: US-CA-Antioch, US-CA-Foster City, US-CA-Modesto, US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-San Jose
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.