Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork helps us build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager in Northern California to join our Strategic Growth Team (SGT). This is a full-time role and can be based in one of our Northern California offices such as Sacramento, San Francisco, or Oakland.
The Marketing Manager will work across multiple business lines to drive successful proposal, pursuit and marketing activities and initiatives across the Northern California District. This role will help lead the development and execution of business line strategy, delivery of world-class proposal submissions and support the growth of key client relationships.
- Collaborates with business line leadership to develop, execute, and measure the effectiveness of annual strategic plans
- Leads the strategy, development, and delivery of large, complex pursuits. Participates and supports strategy workshops and technical sessions. Oversees proposal activities, including leading proposal support staff teams, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, crafting win themes, coaching, and working in partnership with the pursuit leadership team.
- Collaborates with technical staff and writes/reviews/edits original content for clarity, compliance and key messages. Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit
- Assists in developing and maintaining pursuit capture plans; works closely with Pursuit Champions to drive early pre-positioning and pursuit readiness efforts
- Supervises and invests in the development of district STG teammates
- Works in partnership with national resources to drive WSP's sales approach, providing business intelligence on clients, competitors, and marketplace partners
- Identifies market opportunities and industry organizations to raise WSP's brand profile with clients, prospects, and business partners
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, English, Marketing, Planning, or a related field.
- 7-10 years' experience, including a minimum of five years managing and delivering complex A/E/C proposals
- Experience developing staff and leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing projects, priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work effectively across diverse teams and environments
- Excellent problem solving abilities, including conflict resolution under time sensitive production expectations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint, and other communications-related software programs
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 7-10 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SACRAMENTO - RIVER PLAZA
- All locations: US-CA-Antioch, US-CA-Foster City, US-CA-Modesto, US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-San Jose
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.