Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer for our Miami, FL team!
- The candidate will perform civil design tasks for projects involving stormwater management and drainage systems for local, state, and federal clients
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality calculations for studies and design
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents including reports, plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Utilize civil engineering design software, such as Civil 3D, SWMM, and/or MicroStation
- Work with team members on a wide array of projects and multiple assignments
- Work with regulatory agencies in the permitting process
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or a related field from an ABET-accredited program
- 0-1 year of related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- Experience with stormwater management or drainage design and calculations
- Experience with Water and Sewer Utility work
- Ability to immediately work in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) designation
- Previous intern experience in A/E industry
- Knowledge in the use of accepted water resources related software and design software including: HEC-RAS, PC-SWMM or EPA-SWMM, Civil 3D, Microstation, GIS software, and other engineering software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 0-1 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: New Graduate
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MIAMI - CORPORATE CENTER
- All locations: US-FL-Miami
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.