Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our Power and Energy Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a SHEQ Specialist for our Rochester, NY office. This is an excellent opportunity for a proficient SHEQ Specialist with a proven track record to support the expansion of WSP project management capabilities for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm.
- Review the SHEQ Plans for adherence to our Contractor Safety Program within the Project Management Plan.
- Responsible for field inspections and controls, Quality assessments, and administrative activities.
- Individual has the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control occupational safety health hazards in construction environments.
- Responsible for field inspections, safety and health orientations.
- Assess Permit conditions within construction certificates and environmental plans implementation along execution phase. Report any deviations and propose solutions to Owner.
- Oversee SHEQ activities to ensure conformance to the ISO certified Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Assist with training and communications of QMS and EMS processes and procedures.
- Some travel is anticipated.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Six Sigma, Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO-9001, TS-16949, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Environmental Management System standards (i.e. ISO 14001).
- Minimum of 3 years construction safety experience with a diverse project background
- Completed an OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Construction Course.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification preferred.
- This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 3-5 years
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: ROCHESTER - SCOTTSVILLE RD
- All locations: US-NY-Rochester
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.