Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a GIS Analyst/Developer for our Virginia Beach, VA office to support and focus on WSP’s Digital Services group in the Southeast Region. We are a national leader in implementing straightforward approaches to development and deployment of Geographic Information Systems enterprise-scale solutions for thick, thin, mobile, and field-based data collection and processing. For example, we use geospatial tools and services for spatial analysis, data assessment and transformation, decision support for project teams, and other critical mapping data. With hundreds of GIS, GPS/GNSS, mapping, survey, and IT professionals in our Digital Services group across North America, WSP, USA possesses in-house experience and resources to support needs analysis, digitizing/data conversion, customized mapping applications, software development, custom workflows, and systems documentation, implementation, and training. Be involved in projects with our Digital Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Perform GIS analysis of spatial data, trend/gap analysis, business/network analysis, 2d/3d data processing and analysis, enterprise geodatabase design, implementation and operations.
- Perform PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQL, MSSQL, Hadoop, or Oracle geodatabase design and data structure deployment, data management and transformation.
- Learn, understand, and evaluate software tools and methodologies, document and train Production and QA/QC workflows for GIS, custom developed software, and Asset Management projects.
- Work effectively as part of our Digital Services teams on multiple projects and software development.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Geospatial/Geography, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience with GIS/Geospatial data analysis, transformation, scripting, and GIS full-stack development using multiple tools including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and Field Collection/Data processing tools.
- An understanding of the structured development processes (Agile, Iterative, SDLC), business/functional requirements, workflow/data flow requirements and the ability to translate them to functional software tools and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of software project management including budget/schedule requirements and effects on development methods and associated architectures.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and budget, discuss risk/benefit, develop, or review the following materials: use cases, statistics, database schemas, test cases, implementation guides, user guides, and administration guides.
- Ability to train others, and work successfully independently and as an integral team member.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English language primarily).
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and software.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening.
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
- Master's Degree.
- GISP certification.
- Background in engineering industry.#LI-M
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 3-5 years
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: VIRGINIA BEACH - BENDIX RD
- All locations: US-VA-Virginia Beach
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.