Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Construction Inspector for our Milwaukee, Wisconsin office. Be involved in projects with our PMCM Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Responsible for ensuring daily contract compliance to project plans and specifications on construction projects and maintaining documentation to support quality specifications, payment and project acceptance.
- Record daily contractor activities into the Inspectors daily report.
- Read, understand, and interpret project plans and contract documents.
- Identify possible issues in contract documents and propose solutions or refer them to the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or Project Coordinator as appropriate.
- Act as a liason to maintain communication and exchange of information between the project manager, engineering team, management, contractors and vendors.
- Assists in the review of the contractor's project schedule and estimates resource and material requirements; maintain respective planning and scheduling updates throughout project life cycle.
- Checks contractors work to ensure that contract items are installed accordingly to contract line and grade.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs
Who You Are
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant post education experience in discipline with prior construction inspection experience.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Highly familiar with construction inspection principles, field inspection practices, process, methods and techniques.
- Highly familiar with relevant construction codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Sound self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Analytical mindset to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Ability to provide input and feedback to others in the field such as subcontractors and work colleagues to consistently complete tasks safely, efficiently, and accurately according to specifications.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Associate’s Degree in closely related discipline is preferred.
- Essential professional licensure/certification.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 5 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: MILWAUKEE - N WATER ST
- All locations: US-WI-Milwaukee
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.