Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Two years’ experience in a store warehouse or parts wholesale outlet as a parts clerk.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Knowledge of: Purchasing and stores' procedures and terminology; simple mathematics.
· Skilled in: Parts knowledge, purchasing procedures, data entry, and basic office skills. Must be computer literate and be able to enter data into a computerized data base with minimal training, along with the ability to key numbers accurately. Must demonstrate the ability to efficiently use Microsoft Windows.
· Abilities: Must pass a heavy lifting physical; work in a neat and organized manner; follow written and oral instructions; read and interpret parts manuals; establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Standing: Very frequent, 4 ½ to 6 hours/day for sustained periods of time.
· Sitting: Frequent, 2 ½ to 4 hours/day.
· Driving: Occasional, 1-2 hours/day. Seat belt properly secured on required vehicles.
· Walking: Very frequent, 4 ½ to 6 hours/day.
· Kneeling & Crouching: Frequent, 2 ½ to 4 hours/day.
· Crawling: Occasional, 1 to 2 hours per day.
· Physical Effort (Exerting weight or force to lift/pull/or move objects) per day: Sedentary work exertion of up to 10lbs of force is occasional 1 - 2 hours; Light work exertion 0- 20lbs of force is 2 ½ - 4 hours; medium work exertion 20-50lbs of force 2 ½ - 4 hours; heavy work exertion 50-100lbs. and very heavy work is rare.
· Pushing, Stooping: Frequently required from 2 ½ - 4 hours/day (Requiring lower extremities, back muscles and equilibrium).
· Climbing: Occasional, 1 – 2 hours/day
· Balancing: Constant, and involve maintaining body equilibrium prevent falling when walking standing, etc 6½ or more per 8hr/ day.
· Hand Coordination: Activity picking, pinching, typing or working with fingers frequent 4½ to 6 hour/day.
· Twisting/Turning: Frequent twisting at waist required up to 2 ½ - 4 hours/day
· Reaching: Constant activity required with hands, knees, and feet, 6 ½ or more hours/day
PSTA offers great training and career development opportunities. Learn more here: PSTA Professional Development
PSTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or other protected status, as established by Federal or State laws.
PSTA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the application or interview process, please call Human Resources at 727-540-1854.
PSTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.
Veterans’ Preference – Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements in employment by PSTA, and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.