• Primary duties include completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. Provide exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers, including problem-solving within the guidelines of PSTA. Assists with maintaining the general ledger and its subsidiary ledgers to ensure accounting and reporting.
• Perform accounts payable duties such as verifying invoices for payment, including but not limited to reviewing for appropriate authorizations and backup documentation. Review to ensure that expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts by authorizing party.
• Review the status of delinquent vendor accounts and reach out to resolve problems. Work with purchasing and department directors if necessary to keep accounts current.
• Help prepare annual 1099 forms, and any other routine financial reports required.
• Prepare accounts payable checks and disbursements reports.
• Help prepare audit schedules related to accounts payable.
• Reconcile general ledger and other related accounts monthly as assigned.
• Helps to review subsidiary general ledger accounts to ensure the proper recording and validity of financial transactions.
• Assists the Senior Accountant of Capital Assets and serves as a backup for normal monthly entries and yearly inventory.
• Works with Senior Accountants on monthly and year-end analysis to ensure all fiscal year activity is properly recorded.
• Work with the Director of Accounting on the monthly accrual of unpaid invoices.
• Develop and keep current a policy manual of assigned tasks in an electronic format.
• Revises develops and submits to the Director of Accounting suggestions for changes to policies and procedures that will benefit the authority with compliance and efficiency issues.
• Perform additional duties as assigned to assist the Director of Accounting.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, or related field. Will consider a graduation date with an accounting major in the next twelve months with at least one year of related work experience.
• Experience: Minimum one year of recent professional business experience in a finance-related area. Must be an intermediate-level user in Excel. Prefer experience working with a purchase order system. Experience in a grant-funded environment is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of: Accounting principles, practices and procedures, data processing capabilities including the use of personal computers and computer networks; regulatory agency reporting requirements; cash disbursement procedures; modern office procedures.
• Skilled in strong organizational skills; intermediate level use and application of personal computers and software including all Microsoft Office or equivalents; use of modern office equipment.
• Ability to: Communicate effectively both orally and written; develop and maintain effective working relationships with all employees. Strive to ensure that the general ledger is maintained efficiently and accurately. Demonstrate independent judgment and initiative, work successfully in a team environment.
PSTA offers great training and career development opportunities. Learn more here: PSTA Professional Development
PSTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or other protected status, as established by Federal or State laws.
PSTA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) , to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability that requires accommodation during the application or interview process, please call Human Resources at 727-540-1854.
PSTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace.
Veterans’ Preference – Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority, and certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements in employment by PSTA, and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled.