Rudolph and Sletten is looking for an Estimator to coordinate with the Vice President of Estimating in the assignment of project related responsibilities to the Estimating and Pre-Construction teams. In cooperation with the project estimating team, plans and communicates the vital goals of assigned project kick-off meetings. Reviews, interprets, quantifies, accurately estimates cost, and critically analyzes the work described in the project documents. This position can be located in either San Carlos or Roseville office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates with the Vice President of Estimating or Sr. Estimator in the assignment of project related responsibilities to Estimating/Preconstruction Staff.
- In cooperation with the project Estimating team, plans and communicates to project estimating team the vital goals of assigned projects in a project kick-off meeting using a prepared agenda based on the Project Kick-off Meeting Checklist.
- Quantifies, analyzes, and disseminates, to project estimating team, the detailed project program (i.e. work breakdown structure, room counts, functions, areas, etc) during a project kick-off meeting.
- Prepares, in advance, an agenda for all project team meetings and holds to the agenda during the meetings.
- Directs, with the cooperation of Document Control staff, the distribution of project documents and vital project information to appropriate members of the project team and outside resources.
- Reviews, interprets, quantifies, accurately estimates cost, and critically analyzes the work described in the project documents.
- Identifies and mitigates project related risk.
- Uses a checklist to ensure that all required tasks associated with assigned project are attended to in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, directs, and follows-up with project estimating team to ensure timely completion of tasks associated with assigned projects.
- Coordinates with Logistics and Mechanical Electrical Managers to accomplish vital project goals.
- Solicits, collects and critically analyzes Subcontractor/Vendor budgets, bids or quotations associated with assigned projects or packages.
- Reviews and verifies Scope of Work and pricing (Subcontractor Analysis Sheets) of other project team members when acting as project lead estimator.
- Uses accepted templates for the preparation of estimates and clarifications, analysis of bids, calculation of alternates, and other tasks.
- Presents the project scope of work, estimated costs, risks and opportunities to management during the final review of assigned estimates.
- Participates in the presentation of proposals, budgets, etc. to clients and prospective clients.
- Coordinates the delivery of appropriate project files for assigned projects to Operations Staff during a project turnover meeting using the Turnover Meeting Agenda and Checklist.
- Participates and coordinates participation of project estimating team in the buyout process with operations.
- Creates professional, accurate reports and correspondence related to this position including project clarifications, cover letters, transmittals, client and subcontractor correspondence, inter-office correspondence, e-mail, etc.
- Completes all required paperwork for bids or proposals (such as bid forms, bonding requirements, etc.).
Required Job Skills
- Demonstrates a level of competency of at least “well experienced” on all core competency categories associated with Estimator and Senior Estimator positions.
- Advanced knowledge of lodging and gaming vocabulary and facility program components.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Works independently, with little or no direct supervision, with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
- Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Creative and resourceful in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Applies knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in construction field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates professionalism and pride of ownership in assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrates flexibility through changing conditions.
Computer Equipment and Software
- Advanced skill level with On-Center Software On-Screen-Take-off
- Intermediate understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Advanced skill level with MS Excel
- Intermediate skill level with Insite Software (Earthwork Module)
- Intermediate skill level with MS Word
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Outlook/Exchange
- Intermediate skill level with Prolog Project Management software
- Knowledge of estimating software a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, (Civil, Construction Management) or technical training is required. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- 8-10 years of experience in estimating or in a related area, or ten or more years with no degree
- Industry Leader Salaries
- Extensive Benefits Package
- Training, growth opportunities, and reimbursed educational assistance