Summary: The general job description for this position is to perform Earthwork and Drilling Inspection during excavation for Stations at the LACMTA Subway. Hours may vary and may involve shift work.
- Assist with testing and perform inspections as part of the quality program.
- Inspect and verify materials for compliance with contract documents.
- Write daily inspection reports.
- Review construction work plans and inspection checklists for accuracy and compliance against Contract Documents (Drawings and Specifications).
- Participate in Readiness Review and Pre-Activity Meeting as part of the Quality Staff.
- Coordinate onsite testing with outside agencies.
- Perform other duties as directed by Project Quality Manager.
- Proficient in inspections and dealing with multiple subcontractors regarding Earthwork (compaction and imported materials) tieback and pile installations.
- Knowledge and experience with codes and standards. Knowledgeable in Word and Excel.
- Effective communicator.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.