Perform routine and non-routine cost/estimating assignments, which require the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques, and technical knowledge of a construction project. Position responsible for timeliness and accuracy of reports for the project. This includes performing tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for the project. Includes coding timesheets, invoices, etc., collecting actual installed, monitor progress per cost account, etc.
- Support supervision or construction management through preparation and maintenance of budgets and forecasts. Includes identifying potential cost overruns, reforecasting over-expended accounts, etc.
- Accurately reporting quantities of work completed on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Supervise updating of construction forecast to reflect most accurate/current cost and estimate information.
- Interface with other construction departments to provide cost/budget data for items such as subcontract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and expenditure control.
- May provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to clerical and entry level professional personnel assigned to area of responsibility.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- 3 - 5 years of heavy civil construction experience or similar construction cost/estimating experience or equivalent combinations training and related experience.
- Working knowledge of and ability to select/apply resource monitoring and control techniques i.e., cost accounting, budget analysis, etc. as well as an understanding of the nature of process systems, structures and construction technology required.
- Commitment to safety and quality. Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.