General Purpose of the Position :
Tutor Perini Building Corp. has an immediate need for a Scheduling Engineer for their Northeastern Regional office headquartered in Philadelphia, PA . The Scheduling Engineer must have a good working knowledge of the P6 Scheduling Program. The position requires the knowledge and use of the current Windows program in use, the knowledge and use of Excel spread sheets, and a good working knowledge of blue print reading. This position reports directly to the Scheduling and Logistics Manager and all other assigned supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to update schedules with final review of Supervisor.
- Capable of updating established Excel format spread sheets as required.
- Identifies changes in the drawings and imputing those changes into the schedules with final review by Supervisor.
- Modifies and works reports from the scheduling program.
- Capable of creating and using different filters in the scheduling program to report information to the Project Team.
- Coordinates the update meetings with the Project Team and updating the schedules with minimal oversight by Supervisor.
- Sets up the meetings and updates schedules as required.
- Oversees and coordinates the updating of schedules for their assigned areas.
- Recognizes and reports problems, delays, or discrepancies in the schedules.
- Demonstrates understanding of standard concepts, practices and procedures within construction field.
- Researches and resolves drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors.
- Prepares and disseminates all required documentation records.
- Verifies that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.
- Attends meetings with other contractors, clients, or A/E representatives to coordinate design and construction efforts.
- Reviews and comments on viability of design as required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of discipline, construction technology, design, applicable codes, standards, etc., required.
- Analyze and resolve construction process problems and issues and effectively communicate and interface with all levels of personnel.
- Relies on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations to include health, safety, and welfare as appropriate.
- Occasional travel for work purposes may be required.
Required Job Skills :
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of other scheduling programs used by subcontractors, and is able to import and use these schedules.
- Performs tasks with commitment to excellence and a high level of motivation to learn new tasks and assume additional job responsibilities.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
- Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within construction field. High level or professionalism, flexibility, responsibility and creativity are required.
- Possess a good understanding of the logistic drawings used to produce and update the schedules.
- Demonstrates the ability to create new Excel format spreadsheets as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to input new information into schedules.
- Has a good understanding of the construction process.
- Utilizes excellent written and oral communications and team skills.
- Performs work most tasks without immediate oversight of the Supervisor with an interest in quickly learning and applying new skills and abilities.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Special Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Windows Operating Systems. Working knowledge of P6 Scheduling, Microsoft Project, Prolog and Power Point. Knowledge of Excel program.
Education and Experience Required:
Certification: Not applicable.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
Experience: Minimum two years of construction work experience as a scheduling engineer or related occupation. Work experience in all disciplines of construction (civil, structural, architectural, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing) preferred.
Workplace Civility Rules:
- Represent the company with a positive attitude internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Participate fully as a team member, completing all requirements and assignments in a timely manner
- Treat employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors with courtesy and respect.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment in accordance with Perini Corporation's Harassment Policy (CP 1.004) and Workplace Violence procedures