TMC HealthCare is Southern Arizona's regional nonprofit hospital system with Tucson Medical Center at its core. Each day staff comes to work to use their skills and expertise to improve the health of the entire community, from birth to the end of life.
$5,000 Sign-on bonus offered with 2 years of experience!
Performs complex accounting processes, creates budgets for designated high volume/variable Tucson Medical Center and Affiliates (TMCH) areas. Analyzes contracts to determine appropriate accounting processes including equipment leases (operating vs. capital), physician contracts, and service contracts. Evaluates processes and provides recommendations regarding internal control or process efficiency. Understands complex accounting issues and can make recommendations regarding correct Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) treatment. Analyzes business operations and provides consultation for optimum system utilization. Creates consistency in approach, leverages expertise, and effectively manage the cost of the services being proposed. Accounting Analyst Senior will assist senior management with oversight and support of Accounting Analyst team members, while facilitating standards of work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Analyzes, reconciles, and coordinates activity related to the balance sheet accounts and prepares documentation per policy.
- Prepares financial data and prepares reporting on current financial operations, ensures adherence to financial policies, and assists in implementation of significant organization development.
- Assists senior management with problem resolution, defining efficient and cost effective ways to address issues as they arise, and assists in assessing requirements to meet goals and scheduled deadlines.
- Creates systems for and maintains record of volume statistics, payroll and other information used for ad hoc reporting.
Responsible for the development of processes, procedures, and preparation of data related, but not limited to the following:
- Oversees financial affairs for Tucson Medical Center and Affiliates (TMCHC) including the preparation of annual budgets, financial reporting, and supporting documentation using actual performance, previous budgets, estimations of revenues and expenses, and other factors.
- Serves as consultant regarding TMCHC financial affairs, development of operating policies and procedures, department needs/problems, financial system requirements and budgets.
- Prepares sufficient documentation and narratives for TMCHC’s yearly budget package and other financial reporting. Meets with customers frequently and provides frequent written status updates to customers, team members, and department management.
- Prepares, identifies, analyzes and resolves accounting issues including: budget variance analysis on general budget issues, cost-benefit data analysis, statistical reports, and other fiscally related duties assigned.
- Analyzes and interprets TMCHC operating results; makes specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit improvements, adapts programs to changing needs, and maintains related documentation.
- Utilizes current, or develops new, proper internal controls for assigned account categories in order to audit various accounting functions inside the department and across the company.
- Interacts with outside auditors, participates in occasional auditing projects, prepares audit schedules, and provides other required data when requested.
- Leads and directs the work of others; conducts and assists in the presentation of educational sessions as assigned and when deemed necessary.
- Collaborates and coordinates with TMCHC in shared business processes as requested including but not limited to Purchasing, Human Resources, Business Office, and Information Services.
- Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
- Understands systems interfacing between general ledger and budget/reporting and can monitor interface to ensure accuracy of data.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE : Five (5) years accounting, analysis and/or auditing experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.