TMC HealthCare is Southern Arizona's regional nonprofit hospital system with Tucson Medical Center at its core. Each day staff comes to work to use their skills and expertise to improve the health of the entire community, from birth to the end of life.
Northern Cochise Community Hospital Position Description
JOB TITLE: Radiologic/CT Technologist
REPORTS TO: Imaging Services Manager
Under the direction of the department manager, staff technologist shall perform interpretive diagnostic studies as ordered by the referring physician/provider. Technologist shall exhibit quality patient care, and utilize patient and staff safety measures when choosing technical factors to insure proper radiologic diagnosis of patients.
Provides safe and appropriate patient care while performing diagnostic studies ordered by the patient’s physician/provider.
- Assists radiologist with full patient history and proper tools for exams.
- Completes all exams fully -- including paperwork and billing procedures. This includes checking for accurate and complete physician/provider orders prior to completion of exam.
- Confirms and compares correct patient and billing information to minimize discrepancies.
- Explains exam process to patient to increase patient satisfaction and promote safety.
- Maintains clean, organized, and properly stocked exam rooms.
- Captures clear diagnostic images of patients by using proper equipment, techniques (technical factors, markers, etc.), and positions.
- Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and effects of disease processes to properly and safely position the patient for maximum diagnostic yield.
- Utilizes knowledge of all safety measures for protection of patients and staff while administering radiation.
- Calibrates or maintains department equipment as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation of Imaging care provided for use by the healthcare team to ensure quality care.
- Sends radiologist’s results in a timely manner to referring provider.
Secondary Functions :
Participates in and promotes department compliance .
- Participates in and prepares for licensure surveys.
- Reviews and follows policy and procedure documents.
- Maintains clean and safe environment within department.
- Participates in Quality initiatives.
- Maintains quality control of exams and equipment.
- Attends staff meetings as requested.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree from accredited school of Radiography or certificate from an accredited Radiography program required.
- Current, unrestricted certification from the Arizona Department of Health Services Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners (MRTBE) as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) and as a Certified Computerized Tomography Technologist (CTCT) required.
- Current national, unrestricted certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologic Technologist (R) required.
- Current national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Computed Tomography Technologist (CT) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of radiographic procedures, computed tomography procedures, HIPAA, patient care, and sufficient knowledge of computer technology.
- Excellent customer services skills, maintain a professional demeanor, and excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to work with patients that have various needs; think quickly and creatively, and maintain quality department functions.
- Ability to maintain and develop professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, attending workshops, and other educational opportunities.
- Maintain continued education requirements as mandated by state or national certification board.