We are looking for a Behavior Interventionist in Los Angeles area (Downey/Lynwood area) to join our team as we grow. These positions are for an immediate start and part-time at 15 hours per week.
Our Behavior Intervention Specialists are skilled at understanding student behavior and creating a behavior support plan which facilitates success for the student in the classroom. At TES, you will be a part of the solution, helping us achieve goals that allow all students to learn and thrive.
As a Behavior Intervention Specialist at TES, you will:
- provide direct care to clients in a clinic, school, and/or home setting.
- be responsible for preventing and intervening with clients’ challenging behaviors.
- learn specialized behavior approaches and implement behavioral strategies under the guidance of a case supervisor.
- attend any required training and staff meetings as well as complete all assigned readings.
- support the client using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- help to improve students' communication skills, social skills, play skills, motor skills, self-help skills, school readiness skills, and self-management skills.
- maintain accurate records through daily documentation of student progress and adherence to prescribed behavior plan.
- work collaboratively with the client’s parent, teacher, and other allied specialists to implement positive interventions.
- travel to and from the client’s school/home as needed.
You will need the following minimum qualifications to be considered:
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 12 units toward a bachelor's degree (preferably in ABA)
- knowledge and experience in ABA treatment methodologies
- able to participate and complete mandatory Safety Care training/QBS training and be able to utilize all aspects of this training within an instructional setting when necessary and adhere to certification guidelines and restrictions
- have daily access to a windows-based computer with: connection to the internet with Internet Explorer 6.0 (or greater), graphics card capable of displaying at least 16-bit at 800 x 600 resolution, and ability to send and receive email
- proficient in the use of modern office technology, equipment, and procedures including Microsoft Office, Adobe, basic email, internet, and be able to learn and adapt to new systems and software
- can provide reliable transportation to and from cases (including subcases when cancellations occur).
- must clear a current background check through the FBI and DOJ
- a current TB Test (within the last 6 months)
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Psychology, or a related field
- at least 2 years’ experience in a special education classroom
- working towards ABA, BIS, or RBT certification
- CPR certification
Total Education Solutions (TES) is a national provider of special education and therapeutic services to public, private, and charter schools as well as healthcare organizations servicing the United States, with offices in California, Michigan, and Ohio. Our professional, multi-disciplinary staff delivers therapeutic services in our family-centered clinics, in schools, at home, and online. We strongly believe in using an interdisciplinary approach in training, treatments, and service delivery, encouraging our providers to work together in creating customized solutions and achieving client goals.
Our Mission: To empower individuals of all abilities by fostering opportunities for success through customized, innovative solutions.
As part of our team, full-time employees enjoy:
- health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a $25,000 life and AD&D insurance policies (if eligible).
- up to 2 weeks paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days.
- retirement plan and medical and dependent flexible spending accounts.
- up to $2,500 in educational assistance.
- access to free employee assistant programs (EAP) 24/7.
- working with a team of dedicated professionals with a desire to make an impact in the lives of at-risk individuals.
- ongoing professional development and professional growth opportunities both in-house and up to $300 in CEU reimbursements.
We are looking for individuals that can:
- be proactive and have a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- be an appropriate role model.
- thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- be flexible and embrace change.
- demonstrate emotional maturity and responsibility.
- innovate and act as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- accept and value diversity.
- maintain a professional demeanor, attire, work schedule, and work ethic.
- analyze, organize, prioritize, and follow through on all duties and tasks as assigned.
- further, develop professional and technical skills.
Environment & Physical Qualifications: Assigned work environments vary from site to site and may require services to be provided in a distance learning / therapy model. The work environment is usually comprised of several adults and children in a classroom, clinic, or campus facility with supervisors traveling to multiple sites/clinics. Due to varied work environments, an employee may encounter noise levels that are moderate to loud. In addition, the job functions could include the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
http://www.tesidea.com | Facebook.com/TESLosAngeles | Instagram.com/TES4KIDS | Twitter.com/TES4KIDS
Total Education Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.