NOTE: Adjunct Faculty positions are for specific classes only and do not imply any availability of full-time employment.
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon the needs of the college/community
Various locations within the Lakeshore Technical College District (Cleveland/Manitowoc/Sheboygan campuses | Manitowoc County and Sheboygan County business locations)
Provide Community Education Program instruction to students through a variety of delivery formats (e.g.: online, face to face, virtual computer conference) at Lakeshore Technical College. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS/ADA: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Other duties may be assigned) :
• Gather supplemental information on specific topics by seeking reputable resources such as books, publications, articles, and documentaries.
• Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various delivery formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning of diverse students, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members.
• Developing curriculum, including learning activities and assessments.
• Work with curriculum coach to ensure state and LTC design requirements are met.
• Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned.
• Be familiar with basic hardware; use a laptop, printer, and scanning techniques equipment.
• Securely access college network systems using appropriate multi-factor authentication, navigate through Windows; and appropriate navigation through the internet.
• Use voicemail, email, and calendaring programs.
• Understand database concepts and use queries; create a basic spreadsheet; create simple charts and graphs; develop materials using presentation software; manage and create files.
• Use video conferencing.
• Utilize PeopleSoft appropriately.
• Use electronic timesheet.
• Use Blackboard and associated tools.
• Utilize classroom technologies necessary for instruction (e.g., Interactive Whiteboard, SmartBoard, Projectors, Document Camera, and Lecture Capture equipment).
• Manage laptop carts.
• Use Worldwide Instructional Design System (WIDS) for curriculum development and access to course/syllabi information.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of the students.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and people of diverse cultural, social, or educational backgrounds.
• Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline required.
• 2 years of relevant occupational experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION:
☐ MVR CHECK Required (Check this box only if the following statement is applicable) – The employee in this position is a potential operator of a Lakeshore Technical College owned vehicle or may be responsible for driving any other motor vehicles on behalf of the College.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment may require multi-tasking.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is designed to cover the basic functions of the job and is not considered a detailed description of every job duty that is required, other duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice to ensure the successful delivery of organizational objectives.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Date Updated: 03/02/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Website: WWW.GOTOLTC.EDU | Telephone: 1-888-GOTOLTC