ABOUT MEDIACOM DATA WAREHOUSE:
The Mediacom Data Warehouse (DW) is looking for an experienced individual interested in joining a growing team of professionals as it undertakes a complete refresh of its current DW environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a greenfield migration project at the ground level. The environment refresh includes Active Batch Automation and Scheduling, Informatica Data Integration tool, and Oracle Exadata running a 12c database. Mediacom’s Data Analytics tools of choice include Oracle OBIEE and Tableau. Mediacom’s data modeling environment is maintained through the erwin Data Modeler tool. The right person for this position will be able to work and thrive in a truly collaborative environment, be an eager learner, self-motivated and not afraid to work in partnership for all areas of the DW as needed.
The Data Warehouse Senior Data Modeler will work with ETL developers, DBAs, business user personnel and project managers to gather data requirements and create logical data models for applications, including those with specialized or complex requirements. Develop, manage, and update data models, including physical and logical:
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models using best practices and company standards to ensure high data quality, reduced data redundancy, and good query performance.
- Reverse and forward engineer data models in an Oracle Exadata environment.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects and ensure business users are working in a clean safe data environment.
- Assist in the creation of best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Document database processes that currently extract the data from the existing system for reporting purposes.
- Define and document the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality, data models and data dictionaries.
- Coordinate activities with the rest of the data warehouse team including developers and testers; Assist in promoting database objects from lower to higher environments.
- Lead design reviews of data models and other relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and integrity.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new projects.
- Consult with Database Administrators concerning the creation of physical data schema from the logical model by making recommendations, designing referential integrity, and ensuring business requirements are satisfied.
- Consult with ETL developers, report developers, end users concerning how to use the database as designed and how to navigate efficiently within the database.
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces, and system integration challenges and solutions.
- Mentor a junior data modeler
- Data modeling in Oracle Exadata (5 years)
- Analyzing and generating technical requirements and design (8 years)
- Creating and maintaining data models in a data warehouse environment (8 years)
- Database tuning techniques (8 years)
- Analyzing source databases, source data, source database referential integrity and profiling source data (8 years)
- Hands-on data warehouse project experience (5 years)
- erwin data modeling software (6 years)
- Oracle PL/SQL developer experience (6 years)
- Informatica PowerCenter experience a plus
- Experience in team management, communication, and presentation (8 years)