Job Description: Must have strong technical knowledge of the services and solutions offered, in addition to having interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade. Successful engineer II will be able to combine technical knowledge of the products and solutions to provide a complete solution for customers and partners. Service Engineers use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide a solution that best fits the needs of the customers, while meeting the requirements of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver technical solutions/presentations explaining solutions or services to customers and prospective customer/partners
- Work with customers to provided solutions that meet customer requirements
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer needs and provide sales support
- Developing long-term relationships with customer/partners, through managing and interpreting requirements
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance
- Working with post-sales providing technical support as required
- Provide estimated costs for sales team
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts within the organization
- Providing training and support material for other members of the team
- Some travel required as needed
- Vendor management and escalation
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Preferred Skills:
- Solid understand of Ethernet MEF services (E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree) and IP services
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing protocols: i.e. IEEE801.1Q, QinQ, carrier ethernet, Y.1731, Ethernet over fiber, EPON, DPOE, IPv4, BGP, OSPF, MPLS.
- 5 years of experience in Network related field
- Experience in project management duties
- Self-motivated and constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to clearly explain solutions and ideas
- Strong technical and business oral and written communication skills
- Experience in customer relationship and management skills
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of business
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP is plus.
- MEF CECP certification is a plus.
- Layer 2 and knowledge of MEF standards highly desirable.
- Sound judgement and good business sense
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org