Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals, reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 43 facilities in 20 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is responsible for maintenance on boilers, HVAC equipment specified pumps, generators, etc. As required, performs general maintenance tasks involving electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, light construction, general equipment repair, installation, testing and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain preventive maintenance program and spare parts inventory
- Responsible for general facility and equipment repairs
- Direct and work with contractors
- Compressors/Pump operations
- Participate in emergency response
- Maintain/monitor plant and work area housekeeping standards.
- Must be willing to flex between work locations as required and be flexible with work schedule including working weekends and extended hours as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Member of the HAZWOPER team.
- Work with Proteus software program
- Ability to safely and independently operate and control PLC or other integrated computerized chemical handling systems for maintenance purposes
- Ability to safely operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations
- Perform inspection and maintenance in a PSM/RMP regulated facility
- Communicate compliance, safety, and equipment needs as personally identified
- Safely operate motorized equipment (e,g, forklifts, crane, etc.)
- Uphold Hawkins Incorporated’s standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain ISO-certified facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process that relates to this position to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Accurately, completely fill out required paperwork in a timely manner.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written channels.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug screening
- Driver’s license in good standing
- A high school diploma and equivalent experience is the absolute minimum required.
- Computer skills (MS Office) required, and MRP (JDEdwards) experience preferred.
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck and lifts required; previous experience preferred.
- Prior plumbing experience required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. 10-20 feet up to 10 times/day; ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, frequently.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 -2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 50 feet, on occasion.
- Ability to work in a warehouse facility where temperatures may range from 45 up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit; as well as work outside in all weather conditions; rain, wind, and high humidity.
- Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer