Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
The Hawkins Water Treatment Group supplies products and equipment to treat drinking water, municipal and industrial wastewater, industrial process water, non-residential swimming pools and agricultural water treatment.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a dedicated Driver who will be responsible for deliveries of a variety of chemical products. This position will be based out of Apopka, FL.
- Know the process and equipment needed to handle, store and transport chemical material safely.
- Deliver to locations typically within a 4 hour radius of the Apopka, FL branch (direct to customer locations or to other Hawkins warehouse locations).
- At warehouse or customer location, load and unload all chemicals, totes, tanks, drums, bags, cases, etc.
- Perform tank transfers, gallon calculations, container filling, dump drums, move 50-100 lb. sacks.
- Completely fill out required paperwork, including shipping and receiving paperwork, plant data sheets, inventory sheets, inspection reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide routine minor maintenance to process equipment and instrumentation, including equipment on truck.
- Follow all safety procedures and safely operate motorized and non-motorized equipment and vehicles, including double-axle tandem truck, forklift and pallet jack, while complying with all applicable laws, regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Uphold Hawkins standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintaining quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Valid Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License, ideally with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written channels.
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment preferred, previous experience handling chemicals is preferred.
- Team player, customer focused, positive attitude.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions such as email and data entry.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours per day, perform manual dexterity tasks, and turn, twist, stoop, bend and reach as necessary.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on occasion.
- Ability to work in typical inside and outside conditions, including noise and temperature variances.
- No exposed jewelry or body piercings when in a production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 2 hours a day.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer