Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us and apply online at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers .
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at our Minneapolis, MN facility. The position is responsible for general maintenance tasks involving plumbing, carpentry, snow removal, electrical, light construction and preventative maintenance/ general equipment repair on specified pumps, boilers, HVAC equipment and generators.
- Maintenance in PSM/RMP/ISO/SQF regulated and certified facilities.
- Maintain accurate reports and records including documentation of systems and components.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance on machinery, and keep area and machinery clean and safe.
- Perform general facility and equipment repairs including; pipe fitting, pump repair, boiler/HVAC/compressors/pump operations, tank inspections, and sprinkler systems.
- Provide feedback for engineers to help modify existing equipment and improve the design of future equipment.
- Respond to trouble calls quickly and make repairs as needed.
- Direct the work of 3rd party contractors/vendors.
- Snow removal and salting of driveways and entryways.
- Available for on call emergencies.
- Uphold Hawkins, Inc.’s standards for quality and safety through continuous improvement activities and adherence to applicable environmental, safety and health regulations and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A 2 year technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of facility/manufacturing maintenance experience required.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) complex and/or technical operations and procedures in term easily understood by non-technical operators.
- 2nd Class Boiler License preferred.
- Valid drivers license.
- Computer skills to effectively use maintenance software, communicate through email, and research equipment/spare parts.
- Ability to work weekends (when needed) and be on-call.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 to 2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day, climb ladders and work at heights, and work in warehouses or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day (following SOPs for facial hair).
- Able to follow production requirements including no exposed jewelry/piercings in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer