Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist at our headquarters location in Roseville, MN. This individual will accurately and timely process invoices, check requests and refund requests.
- Process purchase order, non-purchase order and freight invoices, working with internal departments to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Prepare and process weekly check runs.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and review vendor statements.
- Create and distribute V-hold, past due and shipment date reports. Research aging items on the Received not Vouchered Report, and research and write-off aged freight accruals.
- Maintain accurate vendor master data and supporting documents.
- Provide excellent customer service to vendors and internal departments, responding in a timely and professional manner.
- Model a continuous improvement mindset, identifying process improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide back-up to other team members, including the Procurement Card Administrator.
- Follow SOX procedures and company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED required. Post high school education preferred.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable or other accounting experience required.
- Strong computer skills including MRP/ERP systems and MS Office; prior experience with JD Edwards is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer