Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join the team at our headquarters location in Roseville, MN. As a strategic partner, the HR Manager will drive support of regional and company strategies and initiatives. Acting as a business change agent, this individual will assess and anticipate HR-related needs and communicate proactively with executives and the VP of HR to develop integrated solutions. This role supports cross-functional demands on the HR generalist team in the areas of policy and program development, employee relations, performance management, professional development, employee reward and recognition, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide guidance and consultation to management regarding workforce planning, succession planning, recruiting and retention, programs and policies, organizational development, compensation, and legal compliance.
- Work closely with executives and other leaders to build and support the Hawkins culture and implement changes necessary to support the growth of the business.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement of core Human Resource service delivery and efficiency.
- Provide data and evaluate trends and metrics in order to promote data-driven decision making and strategy development.
- Support opportunities to enhance employee engagement and an inclusive culture.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and collaborate with other HR partners to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Manage, oversee and resolve complex employee relations issues, leading or conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations when necessary, working with General Counsel as appropriate.
- Ensure positions are evaluated and compensated according to market and provide assistance in the development of recognition and/or incentive plans.
- Partner with Recruiting and hiring managers to ensure business needs are met and processes are utilized to attract and retain top talent, both through external hires and internal promotions.
- Participate in delivery, evaluation and monitoring for success of training programs, ensuring objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, preferably in Human Resource Management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, preferably at a company that has experienced high growth and/or acquisitions
- Broad general HR expertise, including business partnering and coaching, learning and development, total rewards
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach through change in a complex and evolving business model
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly across multiple levels of leadership, including executives
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership in geographically dispersed and virtual team settings.
- Ability to travel to company locations as needed – up to 30%
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer