Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
HAWKINS offers our Drivers great benefits and working conditions, including:
- Competitive hourly pay + OT
- Work-life balance: predictable day shift schedule and home nights & weekends
- Great benefits: medical, dental, generous 401(k) match, profit sharing, company stock, and more
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Company-paid uniforms
- Company-paid disability
- A great boss (our Drivers say so!) and local dispatch
- Strong safety culture
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins, Inc. is looking for Drivers with a Class A CDL to join our Plant Operations Team in our Minneapolis, MN location. Our Drivers are representing Hawkins delivering product (Van and Tanker) to our customer sites and between Hawkins locations. Most of the routes are within 75 miles of the Twin Cities!
- Deliver products, load and unload single and multiple compartment tankers
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Perform DOT inspection and maintenance
- Accurately, completely fill out required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Safely operate independently while adhering to all company SOPs to comply with all applicable Federal, State, and Corporate environmental, safety and health regulations
- Communicate compliance, safety, and equipment concerns as needed.
- Safely operate motorized equipment such as forklifts and electric pallet jacks
- Provide insight for continuous improvement to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Uphold Hawkins Incorporated’s standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain certifications held at facilities and provide quality products and services
- Valid Class A CDL; must obtain tanker and Hazmat endorsements within 60 days of hire
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug test
- Minimum two years of driving experience and satisfactory driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Currently hold a TWIC card or able to obtain one
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written channels.
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck required; previous experience preferred.
- Ability to comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific training and participate as a member of the emergency response team (HAZWOPER 24 Hour certification)
- Ability to comply with electronic logs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 to 2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day, climb ladders and work at heights, and work in warehouses or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day (following SOPs for facial hair).
- Able to follow production requirements including no exposed jewelry/piercings in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer