Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Hawkins established our Health & Nutrition segment in December 2015 through the acquisition of Stauber Performance Ingredients. This segment specializes in providing ingredient distribution, processing and formulation solutions to manufacturers of nutraceutical, functional food and beverage, personal care, dietary supplement, and other nutritional food, health and wellness products. The group operates out of facilities in California and New York and the products are sold nationally, and in certain cases, internationally.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Customer Service (Sales Support) Representative to join our team based out of Fullerton, CA. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and working cooperatively to manage order, provide quotes, initiate quality concern process, and assist with other customer requests.
- Support the Account Executives with customer requests and management of accounts, including managing orders from initial purchase order receipt through final release, reviewing orders for accuracy and availability, expediting for on-time delivery, confirming receipt of purchase orders, requesting any necessary purchase order revisions and sending final confirmation to the customer.
- Reviews open orders daily and apprises customers and internal departments of any urgent items of note.
- Provides customer with required information and/or documentation, as needed.
- Assists in answering phones, call forwarding, and fax distribution, if needed.
- Processes customer quotations as needed.
- Initiates sample requests as needed, providing confirmation and tracking to the customer.
- Processes Customer Complaints including replacement orders, working with customers on return or destruction of material.
- Alerts Accounting on new account set-up, customer requirements, and changes in customer account information.
- HS diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service environment in an office setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers, and strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience with MS Office, including Outlook, preferred
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN) and www.stauberusa.com.
All resumes/applications must be submitted online. HAWKINS & STAUBER are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.