Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Financial Analyst at our corporate headquarters in Roseville, MN. The Financial Analyst will support the FP&A Manager with responsibility for internal financial reporting, analysis and sales commissions. Additionally, this person is responsible for assisting the department with projects including the annual financial budget, month-end close analysis, M&A activity, and other projects as assigned.
- Perform financial analysis to identify key drivers of expenses and look for trends or anomalies, and note significant trends or variances, analyzing for root cause.
- Maintain budget data, coordinate budget requests by departments, and explain financial budget vs. actual variances to management.
- Complete month-end schedules and reports for accounting, sales leaders, management and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare bi-weekly commissions for payroll, and troubleshoot any issues with commission calculations with appropriate parties.
- Perform financial modeling to analyze potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist with reviewing prior year performance by business unit.
- Assist accounting team with monthly, quarterly and annual closings, and with capital expenditure budget and analysis.
- Participate in JD Edwards system updates, improvements and error resolutions, and recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that internal controls and SOX documentation are adhered to, reporting deviation as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related business field required
- 2 to 3 years of financial planning and analysis, or other accounting experience required.
- Large ERP software experience required; JD Edwards preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft applications, including intermediate Excel skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability in problem-solving with attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize effectively.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer