Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Credit Specialist to join the Finance & Accounting team at corporate headquarters in Roseville, MN. The Credit Specialist will analyze and assess the creditworthiness of clients using external credit risk management reports, research account disputes and bill discrepancies, perform account reconciliation, respond to credit inquiries from external and internal clients, and identify delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts.
- Perform financial research to determine lines of credit, and provide recommendations for customers who exceed authorization limits. Review and release credit holds.
- Resolve billing discrepancies and initiate invoice corrections, work with customers and/or sales agent on resolving outstanding balances, perform collection activities, provide account recommendations to Credit Manager on doubtful accounts, debt write-off and third-party collections.
- Enter and maintain customer information in appropriate systems.
- Review automated invoicing system, enter invoices in appropriate systems, create manual AR invoices as needed, and monitor delivery of invoices.
- Maintain strong internal and external customer relationships, responding in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow SOX procedures and controls, as well as corporate accounting procedures.
- 2+ years of experience in credit and collections or related work experience preferred
- Strong analytical and organization skills, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work well while meeting deadlines and following through on all tasks
- JD Edwards software experience preferred; experience with Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills required.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer