Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Hawkins, we are continually improving our quality management system and educating across the organization about the value of quality, confirming everyone understands their role as a quality champion. Through transparency, internal Hawkins employees, external suppliers, and contracted business partners ensure product safety and quality through regulatory compliance, supply chain control, and quality data management.
Hawkins is looking for a External Quality Supervisor based in our Roseville, MN headquarters. This individual is responsible for the quality of external businesses including suppliers, co-manufacturers and warehouses. Responsibility includes efforts to evaluate, select, qualify, rate, monitor and improve external quality according to the Hawkins Supplier Quality program.
- Maintain approved supplier list by qualifying new suppliers and materials and managing re-evaluation of existing suppliers according to supplier approval program.
- Educate suppliers on Hawkins’ expectations and requirements and gather and maintain critical quality data from suppliers.
- Manage root cause analysis and correction actions for external quality issues including on-site supplier/co-manufacturer visits when needed.
- Lead external quality audits and report KPIs/metrics for external quality including supplier performance and program status.
- Supervise Supplier Quality Team
- Work with Purchasing and Sales to ensure supplier approval process is followed.
- Support External Quality Manager in identifying and executing on supplier program priorities and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in the program and process.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in a Quality role or equivalent experience, prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience managing quality and/or technical documentation
- Prior internal or external audit experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with internal and external partners at all levels
- Strong knowledge of FSMA, FSVP, ISO and/or IPEC preferred
- Prior experience with CAPAs preferred
- Solid computer skills, organizational skills, and ability to follow up
- Ability to travel 25%+ for projects
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer