Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor at our headquarters location in Roseville, MN. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this individual leads a team to maintain accurate vendor master data, process invoices, make timely vendor payments, issue 1099s and administer the Procurement Card Program.
- Lead the accounts payable team to ensure invoices are processed timely, accurately, and with proper support and approvals.
- Monitor and manage the check run, received not vouchered listing and vendor master data processes.
- Issue timely and accurate 1099s.
- Management the Procurement Card program, including user onboarding and training, setting payment limits and performing user audits.
- Cross-train team members and provide coaching and feedback toward setting and achieving personal goals.
- Assist with the year-end and interim external audits and SOX audits.
- Ensure SOX procedures, GAAP and internal controls are followed.
- Focus on continuous improvement, reviewing processes and procedures for effectiveness and efficiency and utilize key metrics to assess progress toward goals.
- Lead projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in accounts payable or a related accounting field
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective teams that deliver results, foster cross-functional working relationships, analyze complex issues, recommend solutions and balance priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate directly with all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including MRP/ERP systems and MS Office; prior experience with JD Edwards is a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirements
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer