Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals, reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 43 facilities in 20 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Loader/Mixer to join our team in St. Paul, MN. The position is responsible for loading tank wagons and warehouse work. Ensures trucks pull on scale completely and properly, review order, trailer inspection, enter correct product and weight on PLC system, seal dome on truck after filling trailer, and complete required documentation.
- Load chemical tankers.
- Make specialty blends as necessary.
- Must be able to drive shuttlewagon (or trackmobile at T1) and assist in the rail yard as necessary.
- Prepare hazardous materials for DOT shipment to ensure safe and timely supply of raw materials and finished products. Including the loading and unloading bulk and LTL quantities of material by rail, and truck.
- Understand equipment and process operation to test, repair, inspect and fill hazardous materials. § Unload rail cars.
- Completion of HAZWOPER training course is required. Participate in safety drills.
- Transfer chemicals from field tanks as necessary.
- Perform basic QC tests as required: specific gravity, bleach titration
- Perform opening or closing duties as needed.
- Understand basic functions of the Powell bleach manufacturing machine (Red Rock only).
- Maintain/monitor plant and work area housekeeping standards.
- Participate in cycle counts, inventory discrepancies and physical inventory.
- Must be willing to flex between workstations as required and be flexible with working schedule including working weekends and extended hours as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written channels.
- A high school diploma and equivalent experience is required.
- Computer skills (MS Office) required, and MRP (JDEdwards) experience preferred.
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck required; previous experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment required, previous experience handling chemicals is preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 to 2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day, climb ladders and work at heights, and work in warehouses or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day (following SOPs for facial hair).
- Able to follow production requirements including no exposed jewelry/piercings in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer