ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER WITH A GROWING ORGANIZATION?
Hawkins, Inc. is looking for motivated individuals that can work independently and help contribute to a team as a Driver! This role provides you opportunities for:
- On the job training
- Schooling for your CDL
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k employer match plus stock and profit sharing for your retirement
- Company paid uniforms
- Company paid disability
- Strong safety culture
- Opportunity to build customer relationships
- A focus on YOUR DEVELOPMENT!
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals, reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 43 facilities in 20 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a dedicated Driver who will be responsible for route deliveries of a variety of chemical products. This position will be based out of Tarrytown, FL.
- Safely drive a Class B commercial vehicle to safely deliver chemicals.
- At warehouse or customer location, load and unload all chemicals, totes, tanks, drums, bags, cases, etc. for the route, consisting of +/- 15 stops per day with upwards of 200 miles of driving per day.
- Perform tank transfers, gallon calculations, container filling, dump drums, move 50-100 lb. sacks.
- Perform “in process” analytical methods to maintain quality standards and take corrective action as needed.
- Completely fill out required paperwork, including shipping and receiving paperwork, plant data sheets, inventory sheets, inspection reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide routine minor maintenance to process equipment and instrumentation, including equipment on truck.
- Follow all safety procedures and safely operate motorized and non-motorized equipment and vehicles, including double-axle tandem truck, forklift and pallet jack, while complying with all applicable laws, regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Uphold Hawkins standard of excellence through a continuous commitment to maintaining quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License, ideally with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships effectively through verbal and written channels.
- Experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment preferred, previous experience handling chemicals is preferred.
- Team player, customer focused, positive attitude.
- Ability to use various basic computer programs/functions such as electronic logs, inventory systems, email and data entry.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. frequently, and push/pull drums up to 700 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours per day, perform manual dexterity tasks, and turn, twist, stoop, bend and reach as necessary.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet, on occasion.
- Ability to work in typical inside and outside conditions, including noise and temperature variances.
- No exposed jewelry or body piercings when in a production area.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 2 hours a day.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com /careers .
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer