Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Cost Accountant at our headquarters location in Roseville, MN. This individual will support multiple aspects of product costing, inventory valuation, inventory control, and operational expense analysis. This role is a key analytical role to setting, maintaining and monitoring inventory cost for Hawkins and its subsidiaries.
- Analyze operational expenses and throughput information to determine standard cost per unit.
- Define and maintain standard overhead rates for inventory items.
- Support and back-up processes for setting product cost on new and changed items.
- Verify accuracy and reconcile inventory valuation of standard and lot-costed products in inventory.
- Lead or assist in preparation of inventory reserves for LIFO, FOB in transit, excess and obsolete inventory.
- Analyze and monitor actual versus standard work order variances and work with Operations to correct transactions.
- Prepare financial and inventory schedules as required and prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries and reconciliations for assigned areas.
- Support other accounting activities including providing backup to other accounting staff.
- Support external audits, participate in analytical projects, and maintain SOX documentation and compliance for relevant areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years relevant cost accounting experience required in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
- Strong computer skills including ERP systems and MS Office; prior experience with JD Edwards is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and ability to foster cross-functional working relationships.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com. (NASDAQ: HWKN)
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer