Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins, Inc. for the chemical products they need since 1938. Our Water Treatment Group (WTG) services a wide range of clients: municipal water and wastewater treatment systems, commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, food manufacturers, agricultural growers, and the oil/gas industry. This is Hawkins' fastest growing division and we look to continue to provide excellent support to our customers.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com/careers.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an individual to join the Hawkins Water Treatment Group as a Business Development/Bids Coordinator. This individual will work with WTG leadership to oversee, complete, manage and submit timely bids to maximize opportunity for the company. In addition, this individual will identify and participate in development of inside sales opportunities, provide intel on potential opportunities and sales support.
- Manage, track and complete online bid opportunities and successfully manage RFPs from receipt through final response, including quality analysis, operational plans, pricing, and deadlines.
- Ensure that bids adequately describe the capabilities and products/services of Hawkins and reflect company brand and quality standards.
- Facilitate bid and project proposal milestones through leading meetings with the proposal response team, and providing guidance and proposal expertise to the team developing the response.
- Identify and pursue inside sales opportunities through performing thorough research and developing a strong understanding of markets throughout WTG regions, including suppliers, competitors and supply chain issues.
- Support client engagement for assigned accounts by providing updates on new products and services, gauging customer feedback, responding timely to customer questions or inquiries, and keeping customer files and profiles up-to-date.
- Provide systems support including training for end users, creating user guides as needed, and creating custom reports to support Business Development, Sales Managers and Accounting/Finance.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of water treatment chemicals and uses, and ideally the bulk chemical industry
- Prior exposure to project/bid administration preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication skills with individuals both internal and external to the company
- Ability to professionally and positively present information about Hawkins products and services
- Strong computer and general math skills.
- Ability to gather and synthesize information from multiple sources and relay as appropriate
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hard-working individual with ability to work independently and with teams
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to travel to customer sites of WTG branch locations as needed
WORK FOR THE BEST!
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com.
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer