JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer II
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-time, Exempt
SUMMARY: *All applicants MUST have experience developing and designing technical course content for the Department of Defense* The Instructional Designer II is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Use established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Conducting analyses and develop curriculum and associated products in multiple formats.
- Design engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Develop and package training products using computer-based training (CBT) authoring systems.
- Work with Graphic Artists, Programmers, and Subject Matter Experts in the development of interactive multimedia courseware.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Design interactive training materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of trainee knowledge and performance.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and targeted levels of interactivity.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at the current time
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Education, I/O Psychology, Instructional Design) with 5+ years of direct ISD experience or MA/MS in related field and 3+ years of direct ISD experience.
- Functional experience with authoring software is required, such as Evolution, Impression, Captivate, Dreamweaver, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in development of courseware training materials.
- Experience working with Military personnel.
- Experience using established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience developing courseware outlines, storyboards, graphic requests, onscreen lessons, instructor guides, trainee guides, test questions, and assessments.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong quality assurance/editing skills.
- A current Secret Security Clearance is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carley Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.