JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer III
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-time, Exempt
SUMMARY: *All applicants MUST have experience developing and designing technical course content for the Department of Defense*.
Permanent remote work is considered based on applicant’s experience. The Instructional Designer III is responsible for conducting required analyses and designing training materials for a variety of delivery methods including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Lead a team in the design of blended learning materials that include sound instructional design methodology, appropriate training strategies, and participant activities for small and large groups.
- Lead the development of engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Under the direction of the Project/Program Manager, provide daily supervision to ensure project goals and budgets are being met.
- Assist Project Manager in recruiting and hiring staff for project when internal resources are not sufficient.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for instructor and participant materials.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of training needs and products.
- Direct efforts of project team, coach team members, and provide frequent feedback on performance.
- Train team members in Instructional Systems Design (ISD) methodology.
- Develop solutions to complex problems through the use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and budget.
- Direct the production of media.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to acquire supporting materials.
- Keep abreast of training and development research, to include learning theory, motivational theories, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the Project/Program Manager, lead team of 3+ Instructional Designers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- MA/MS in related field (Education, I/O Psychology, Instructional Design) with 10+ year’s direct ISD experience or BA/BS in related field with 12+ years’ direct ISD experience, and at least 5 years directly related supervisory experience.
- Experience using established methodologies in all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Use of authoring tools and related software for the purpose of producing multimedia training programs.
- Familiarization with implementation of ADL SCORM and ADA Section 508 into multimedia courseware.
- Experience working with military personnel.
- Superior time management, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to lead members of a team.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong quality assurance/editing skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carley Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.