Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Safety, Health and Environment Specialist who will be a subject matter expert level (SME) SHE professional that coordinates and performs technical, administrative, and SHE management activities to support business operations. The Sr. SHE Specialist may provide leadership and direction to other SHE and operational staff and is required to work independently on significant SHE projects and initiatives utilizing their professional judgement and expertise to resolve. This positon requires expertise in all organizationally relevant SHE specialty areas. Such as; Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Environmental Management, Construction and Contractor Safety, and others.
- Responsible for interpreting regulatory requirements and developing SHE related policies that have a direct impact and effect on business operations.
- Responsible for determining applicability, developing content, and facilitating SHE training programs to support organizational policies for compliance purposes.
- Develops and maintains SHE management and documentation systems.
- Acts as Incident Commander (when necessary) during emergency management & preparedness activities.
- Provide expert level SHE consultation and guidance for organizational business units.
- Communicates directly with regulatory agencies. Provides administrative management support for SHE related licenses, permits, and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates departmental expenses to support SHE projects.
- Assists SHE management with development of departmental vision and growth plan. Plays a key role in implementing and achieving departmental targets.
- Calculates and communicates SHE key performance indicators as directed by SHE departmental management.
- Coordinates and performs essential functions defined in the site environmental management system manual per ISO14001 standard requirements
- Works with business stakeholders to perform SHE related hazard and risk assessment, then develops, communicates, and coordinates implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Performs incident investigation and determines root cause. Coordinates the completion of corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Responsible to working with affected departments to issue safe work permits such as; hot work, lockout /tag out, confined space, live electrical work and other safe work permits.
- Acts a cultural leader for SHE initiatives such as Zero Injury Mindset and Care for the Environment programs.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree or Training Program Certificate in related discipline required. BA or BS in related field strongly preferred.
- Professional certification such as; CHMM, CSP, CIH or progression toward certification is highly desirable
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Laboratory or manufacturing experience desired.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better – both at work and at home.
- Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
- 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Annual Company Shutdown in December
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
- 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- Backup Daycare and Eldercare
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs
- Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Please be advised that Aji Bio-Pharma follows a comprehensive set of recruiting protocols and conducts interviews either in person or phone/via live video only. We will never use apps like RingCentral or other chat features to conduct an interview. The scammer is using an email account that looks like an Ajinomoto account but ending in .work in an attempt to fool individuals. We strongly recommend ignoring any request that looks suspicious or is unexpected. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS or provide any information in response to these scams. Please contact us at HRInquires@us.ajibio-pharma.com with any questions.