Applications are invited for the fixed term position of Team Lead (Microbiology). Reporting to the Microbiology Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for organising and scheduling the smooth running of the Microbiology Lab in accordance with GMP. The team lead will also mentor and support analysts and deputise for the Microbiology Supervisor as required.
- Organise and schedule lab testing for Microbiology lab e.g. water, environmental monitoring, raw materials and finished product. Plan and execute workload in an accurate, efficient and timely manner using lean lab concepts.
- Perform accurate review/authorisation of test data including trending and technical review of data ensuring KPIs are met.
- Train and mentor new analysts.
- Review and update of documentation e.g. SOPs, training programs, trend reports.
- Preparation of reports including validation protocols, reports and lab investigation reports/ deviation reports.
- Manage technical issues and lead in Problem Solving using root cause analysis tools. Monitor the effectiveness of CAPA, reassess and continually improve.
- Perform Microbiology testing as required.
- Represent the Microbiology Lab on project teams providing planning/technical support as necessary.
- Represent the Company at audits, client visits when required.
- To report to and be directed by the Laboratory Management.
- To deputise for the Supervisor as required and agree priorities with Supervisor.
- Accountable for all people management in the absence of the Supervisor
- Recognise and take ownership when problems occur, make necessary decisions and escalate/delegate issues promptly.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of cGMP.
- Ensure high level of housekeeping and safety.
- University/college degree or diploma in Microbiology.
- At least six years’ experience in a pharmaceutical Microbiology laboratory with experience in oral solid dose processing and strong operational and personnel management skills.
- Knowledge of cGMP, GLP, Safety, laboratory instrumentation and LIMS.
- Focus on Operational Excellence, Lean Lab, Right First Time and Root Cause Analysis.
- Evidence of training, coaching and mentoring team members to achieve department goals
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and effective management of resources
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Positive role model.
- Proven track record in your current role is essential