If you experience problems uploading your resume, please submit your application using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Holt Renfrew offers you an inspiring, fashion-driven environment with opportunities to learn and grow. From our incredible partnerships with iconic luxury brands, to our commitments to corporate social responsibility, you will be inspired every day.
As Canada’s leading luxury retailer, our purpose at Holt Renfrew is to Inspire a Life of Style and this inspiration starts with you! Together, we drive Passion, Warmth, Excellence, and Unity, to deliver extraordinary experiences and build lasting relationships with our customers and each other.
A job at Holt Renfrew offers a competitive total compensation, a generous employee discount, pension, and health & dental benefits, tuition assistance, and continuous learning and development
Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) (VANCOUVER) works as a strategic business partner and internal advisor with assigned business units and drives initiatives that impact employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, organizational change, talent management, talent acquisition, performance, operational efficiency, and culture. As a trusted advisor, the HRBP provides coaching and counsel to leaders on human resources solutions that contribute to the goals of the business unit and supports a high performing and engaged working environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Proactively partners with leaders to identify and understand the strategic people issues specific to the business unit and provides advice and expertise, through new and innovative HR ideas, to develop short-term and long-term business strategies, solutions and action plans that support the achievement of current and changing needs and objectives of the business and organization
- Acts as an advisor by providing advice guidance and/or coaching on sensitive confidential and complex HR issues, ensuring compliance with Holt Renfrew People policies, Employment Standards and other regulatory employment and human rights requirements
- Maintains an awareness of emerging trends and best practices in HR and liaisons with HR peers to ensure policies and procedures stay current and market competitive
- Partners with the People Centre of Expertise (COE) in the execution and management of a variety of programs in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Succession Planning, Leadership Development, Annual Goal Setting and Performance Review Process, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, Organization Effectiveness and Design
- Facilitates a variety of training, including new employee onboarding, leadership development programs, etc.
- Supports employee engagement efforts and enables employee feedback through a variety of sources, including employee surveys, focus groups, and employee meetings. Supports the local Employee Voice Council and the Employee Voice Survey action planning process
- Working in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Team, hires the best talent to meet current and future business needs. Coordinates and manages local recruitment events and functions
- Conducts investigations and resolves sensitive employee issues and complaints. Responds in accordance to established policies and procedures
- Champions change by partnering with business leaders and other internal departments to develop timely and appropriate communication and action plans
- Effectively manage employee relations practices to facilitate communication between managers and employees through standardized performance management and effective coaching
- Participate in various health and safety activities, including the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee, to ensure a high awareness of employee safety is maintained
- Leads and/or participates in key People projects that support business goals and objectives
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience
- CHRP or equivalent
- 5-7 years of relevant human resources experience
- Sound knowledge of all HR disciplines including performance management, recruitment, employee engagement, learning and development, talent management, compensation
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships across all levels and functions
- Big picture thinker who brings an innovative and creative approach
- Strong consultative, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to garner trust and provide sound counsel and coaching
- Collaborative, proactive and results oriented
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment and can easily navigate ambiguity
- Advanced communication skills, verbal and written
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and executing effective business plans
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The measures of success:
- Contribution to financial objectives
- Individual objectives linked to the achievement of department goals
- Feedback from internal and external clients