DevOps Engineer II
The DevOps Engineer will focus on creating, improving, and maintaining our cloud-based platforms and services that enable our development and test teams to iteratively deliver critical features & functionality. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for design/delivery of service infrastructure, investigating operational issues and will support our development/engineering teams by continually improving Enterprise and developer tooling.
What You’ll Do
- Create infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services
- Partner with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient online services
- Develop internal platforms & services to enable expediency and self-service for our development teams
- Manages release branches as well as maintain the build process to support continuous integration.
- Investigates, debugs and drives improvements to engineering/build automation process
- Support and improve efficiency and effectiveness of tools (CI/CD, automated testing, automation and release)
- Manage all infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards
- Continually provide value to our partner development teams by staying current with cloud-based technologies and trends.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-3+ years building and maintaining AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure (EC2, ELB, ECS, VPC, IAM, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation and/or Terraform.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with pipeline tools such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Chef, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and source code version control systems
- Diligent mentality, robust sense of responsibility/accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a team in a fast-paced environment to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information into a non-technical format
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles or setbacks, utilizing self-guided research and collaborating with colleagues. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients/stakeholders; you ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through. You utilize critical thinking and data to inform decisions.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and create something great together; building and enhancing appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts, related to data engineering and providing value to clients/stakeholders.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This role will participate in a Tier 2 24/7 rotation schedule.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.